Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Residing in Perplexity

at some point of one's life, one has to make a decision, a choice to change one's life. somehow i feel it is now/soon. life has been passing me so fast that the lines between soon and now are blurred. i can't see clearly anymore what is to happen and what is happening.

somehow i know and can feel inside of me that the decisions that i'm going to make will affect my life and future. for one, on monday, my Oral Communication tutor told me that she felt that my personality was suitable for Accountancy and that i was more suitable for Business Studies(bullshit) or Banking and Finance.

which is true, i feel strange being in Accountancy too. keep in mind that it was my last choice although first for several of my classmates.

she talked to me about switching courses and if i do it quick, i will graduate at the same time as the majority.

i'm currently residing in perplexity where i have to choose between studying what i want now and give up being with such a wonderful class(no pun/sarcasm intended). for the first time in my life, i'm feeling what it is like being in a class.

i'm motivated by them. they are hardworking which is a virtue i'm truly missing. i'm darn lazy. they all speak chinese which can help me improve mine. my class has a legend in the making. this girl topped the class or level in every single module.

she is not very smart but she is very very hardworking. frankly speaking, for the first time in my life, i'm motivated by someone who is hardworking. previously, i would laugh at that person because well, (you don't want to know my reason).

if i switch courses, will my classmates be anywhere near the classmates i have now? will i be motivated to study? it is much more difficult to get promoted in the poly than in secondary school. in secondary school, you can drop subjects and still get promoted, in the poly, fail a module twice and FUCK OFF.

my classmates are near self-less people. they don't mind printing notes for a slacker/fat/lazy bum(me). they don't even ask me to go help them print. considering my attitude and behaviour when i entered the poly, getting the 3 passes and 1 borderline failure can all be credited to them(in a good way that is).

without them, i'll be called up for counselling and sent warning letters. i'll never go for lectures in the morning at 9am. heck, i may even skip school as and when i like. shit.

if all this is not good peer pressure, then what is?

Cr4Pp!e

5 Comments:

Blogger × daFashionista × said...

hmmm. i think i know how you feel.
but still you gotta think abt your own future right? i mean, yr present classmates may have changed you for de better in some ways, but theres just so much they can do. after all, yr key to success is yourself not them right?
well, this is just a piece of crappy advice from me!
take care okie.

2:29 AM  
Blogger jer said...

whatever decision you make, its just another fork in life. make the choice and keep at it.

just be sure to put your 100% into your choices

9:36 AM  
Blogger jimbo said...

fashionista: yeah. no no, very good advice. not crappy. please don't steal that adjective from me. thanks. haha. take care.

jer: arh. spoken from Singapore's Steve Jobs(the dude that helps people get jobs, go figure). yes, yes. work hard, i must. take care.

azzie: yeah. i'm going to kiss and hug them tomorrow. oh no. can't, i'll be rubbing my body odour on them. haiz. haha. take care.

10:43 PM  
Blogger victoria said...

well. i raely suck at giving advice, but here's one, dont regret your decision.

11:22 PM  
Blogger jimbo said...

vic: thanks. guess i'm regreting mine now. well, i think that if decisions were made with the heart, then they would not be regreted. i guess decided to go to accountancy without consulting my heart. take care.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

w