Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm Sorry

to all the people who feel sad/angry/whatever about me quitting dragonboat, i'm sorry.

i had my reasons for quitting. let me state my reasons(though they may seem crap to you, it really means a lot to me)

1. my dragonboat peers are mostly egoistic with the alpha male attitude.
2. my dragonboat peers are mostly chinese speaking and i speak mostly english thus there is a language barrier.
3. i dread going to dragonboat and no longer enjoy the trainings anymore.
4. i quitted dragonboat for myself and nobody.
5. my mom had always been against me being in dragonboat.

i once loved dragonboat, everything about it. the training, the yelling, the guys etc..

it is not that i went for canoe camp and fell out of love with dragonboat.

earlier on, i was already dreading to go for dragonboat trainings, i realised that i was not pushing myself anymore.

my desire to push was gone, i was always at the back of the pack when running, i did the minimum when doing pull ups and gym trainings were merely going through the motion.

and during the training, i often asked myself a question "What am i doing here?" clearly i was not enjoying the trainings anymore.

please respect my decision and allow me to have an opinion.
w